CDA Credential Course Information
Childcare Development Associate (CDA) course schedules below!
Virtual CDA Course
Monday, August 24, 2020 6:30pm-9:30pm
About Childcare Development Associate Credential
Educational First Steps offers professional development training to EFS assisted centers as well as educators from other organizations serving at-risk children, including nonprofits, ISDs and other early caregivers.
We help educators enhance their qualifications and effectiveness by earning the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education – the Child Development Associate credential – and share key elements of Educational First Steps’ own Four Steps to Excellence 2.0 quality-building curriculum.
Courses take place at Educational First Step’s Dallas and Tarrant County locations.
The CDA certification process includes the following:
- Attend 120 hours of early childhood education training in the 8 competency standards
- Have professional work experience in a group-setting classroom for a minimum of 480 hours within the last 3 years
- Develop a professional portfolio
- Complete family questionnaires
- Complete observation by a Professional Development Specialist
- Complete a formal exam
- Apply for the CDA credential
CDA course competency standards include:
- Safe – To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
- Physical – To advance physical and intellectual competence
- Self – To support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance
- Families – To establish positive and productive relationships with families
- Program Management – To ensure a well-run purposeful program that is responsive to participant needs
- Professionalism – To maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Observations & Assessment– To observe and assess children’s behavior for curriculum planning and individualized teaching
- Child Development– To understand developmentally appropriate principles of learning
For more information about the Child Development Associate credential, please visit www.cdacouncil.org.