Call for Presenters
Educational First Steps Annual Early Childhood Conference
We ask that you answer the “call” and help the Greater Dallas/ Ft. Worth communities by sharing your knowledge and experiences at EFS’s Annual Conference via Zoom the week of April 25, 2022- April 29, 2022. With a live event on April 30, 2022 at the Irving Convention Center in Irving, TX.
Conference Theme: Changing Times, New Beginnings
Presentations should fit within the conference theme of “Changing Times, New Beginnings”. The presentation should focus on suggestions, activities, tools and best practices as they relate to improving the quality of early childhood settings for children ages 0-12. Please note that the topics listed below are only examples:
- “Cultural Diversity, Sensitivity, and Inclusion”
- “Quality Child Interactions”
- “Social and Emotional”
- “Business Management”
- “Meeting Quality Standards Post Covid”
- “Marketing and Enrollment”
Stipend: $125 per presentation. The stipend for presentations with two presenters will be $62.50 each. Presenters will need to fill out a W-9 tax form.
- The 2022 Educational First Steps virtual conference will be held the week of April 25-29, 2022 and in person on April 30, 2022.
- Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- Presenters are encouraged to use a PowerPoint and provide handouts in PDF or Word form for conference participants to download.
- Proposals will be evaluated by a review committee based on quality, appropriateness, and appeal to the targeted audience.
- The primary presenter will be notified on acceptance in February 2022. The primary presenter is responsible for notifying the co-presenter.
- Promotion of service, sales/ promotion of sales of products, and or employment recruitment is prohibited.
Deadline to submit proposal is January 22, 2022.