CDA Renewal Checklist
Please Note: All of the requirements below should be completed before applying for CDA renewal. If all items have not been completed, please do not proceed with application at this time.
Before you can renew your CDA, you will need to complete five steps:
1) Attend continuing education or training courses specific to your credential type. You must be able to document 45 clock hours, 4.5 CEUs, or a 3 credit hour college course in early childhood education or child development.
2) Choose an early childhood education (ECE) professional to write your recommendation and verify your work hours.
3) Achieve First Aid and Infant/Child (Pediatric) CPR certification
4) Work at least 80 hours with young children (specific to your credential type) within the past year.
5) Join or renew your individual or center membership in a national or local early childhood professional organization
A valid email address (Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo)
Your ECE Reviewer’s valid email address