CDA Credential Course Information
Childcare Development Associate (CDA) course schedules below!
Dallas CDA Course: Saturday, October 6, 2018 (9:00AM to 4:00PM)
Course Begins: Saturday, October 27, 2018
Last Day to Apply: Friday, September 28, 2018
Location: Dallas Office- 2815 Gaston Avenue Dallas, TX 75226
About Childcare Development Associate Credential
Educational First Steps offers professional development training to EFS assisted centers as well as educators from other organizations serving at-risk children, including nonprofits, ISDs and other early caregivers.
We help educators enhance their qualifications and effectiveness by earning the most widely recognized credential in early childhood education – the Child Development Associate credential – and share key elements of Educational First Steps’ own Four Steps to Excellence 2.0 quality-building curriculum.
Courses take place at Educational First Step’s Dallas and Tarrant County locations.
The CDA certification process includes the following:
- Attend 120 hours of early childhood education training in the 8 competency standards
- Have professional work experience in a group-setting classroom for a minimum of 480 hours within the last 3 years
- Develop a professional portfolio
- Complete family questionnaires
- Complete observation by a Professional Development Specialist
- Complete a formal exam
- Apply for the CDA credential
CDA course competency standards include:
- Safe – To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
- Physical – To advance physical and intellectual competence
- Self – To support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance
- Families – To establish positive and productive relationships with families
- Program Management – To ensure a well-run purposeful program that is responsive to participant needs
- Professionalism – To maintain a commitment to professionalism
- Observations & Assessment– To observe and assess children’s behavior for curriculum planning and individualized teaching
- Child Development– To understand developmentally appropriate principles of learning
For more information about the Child Development Associate credential, please visit www.cdacouncil.org.