At Educational First Steps, we welcome volunteers to share their time and talents with us, our centers and the children in their care. Volunteers help us give at-risk children a high-quality early learning environment and the strong educational foundation they need for school readiness.
We have many volunteer opportunities available at the Educational First Steps Early Learning Center, as well as at the centers we serve. Here are just a few of the ways you can help.
- Early Education Center Volunteer. Help with craft projects/learning activities, read to the children, assist the teacher or provide clerical support.
- Special Events. Share your expertise by hosting or creating a special event. Or, volunteer at one of our existing events such as our annual event for families at the Dallas Zoo, Family Engagement Month, the One Childhood One Chance Luncheon or our annual conference for teachers and directors.
- Holiday Parties. Host parties for the children we serve on special occasions such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, Halloween or Cinco De Mayo.
- Group Projects. Groups can create a carnival activity at a center, help with beautification projects like painting and playground restoration, or volunteer at an Educational First Steps event.
- Supply Drives. Host a supply drive of donated items to be distributed to our partner preschools.
- Project & Clerical Support. Volunteer at a center, sort and organize donations or provide administrative support.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our online volunteer application.