Assistant Development Director
Educational First Steps seeks an Assistant Development Director to join its Development Team in the planning, execution and management of a robust and growing fundraising/development program. Reporting directly to the Senior Development Director for North Texas, this position works closely and collaboratively in support of the Development Director/Tarrant County, the Development Committee of the Board of Directors, auxiliary groups and volunteers. The Assistant Director will supervise the Development Manager in charge of the donor database and donor communications. This mission-minded individual will provide exceptional fundraising/managerial skills across all dimensions of development activity to help meet aggressive annual fundraising goals, increase donor engagement and strengthen the public profile of Educational First Steps.
- Strategy/Planning: Participate with the Development Team in planning, budgeting and metrics initiatives, including preparing and executing an annual development plan that outlines various funding sources available to expand funding in Dallas, Tarrant and other North Texas counties; goals and objectives, strategies and tactics, and timelines.
- Program Creation/Execution: Creating and coordinating measurably effective fundraising initiatives consistent with the organization’s development plan/strategies.
- Donor Cultivation: Helping build new donor programs/event sponsorships particularly in the mid-level and grassroots individuals and corporations.
- Donor Stewardship/Engagement: Assist in stewarding relationships with existing donors/event sponsors.
- Special Events: Implement and manage logistics for both the Dallas and Fort Worth annual luncheon events, as well as certain higher-level volunteer projects.
- Communications: Create and deliver high-level professional presentations to prospective and current donors, impact reports and other special communications projects.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience with a non-profit organization.
- A successful track record of fundraising beyond events including proactive donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual and corporate donors at all giving levels.
- Excellent organizational and management skills with a strong attention to detail, including the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and meet department goals.
- A positive self-starter with a collaborative outcome oriented mind-set.
- Superior written/verbal skills in one-on-one and group settings.
- Familiarity with budgets and relevant quantitative fundraising metrics, including the ability to maintain accurate records.
- Familiarity with effective development communication techniques including social media.
- Computer literacy including competency with various Development Software. Microsoft Office, Publisher and Constant Contact
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com