Donor Services and Engagement Manager
The earliest years of childhood go by quickly but their impact lasts forever. Educational First Steps’ (EFS) mission is to improve the availability of quality early childhood education for economically- disadvantaged children. EFS is a unique, North Texas early education program that offers our community’s most vulnerable, at-risk children a strong start to their lives and their education. Our integrated services are an innovative solution to disrupt the cycle of poverty and close the achievement gaps that are perpetuated by a systemic lack of quality early childhood options for economically-challenged families. Just as important, our programs are engineering important structural and economic changes in the childcare industry serving at-risk neighborhoods that encourage and sustain the quality we create and its important ripple effect for children, working families, at-risk neighborhoods, employers and all North Texas. Educational First Steps helps to set tomorrow’s generation on a path to lifelong success – a smart investment for children and our community.
Educational First Steps seeks an energetic mission-fused individual to join our team, working in concert with the Educational First Steps Team in Dallas and Tarrant to support all aspects of the development department in their duties to financially support and communicate the mission and programs of Educational First Steps. Reports to the Senior Development Director.
- Collaborates with the Development team, participating in short and long term departmental planning initiatives including annual budget preparation, setting annual targets and goals, monthly and annual metrics, tracking and reporting, and preparation of annual strategic plan that includes timelines, and resources required.
- Develops and maintains an engagement/ communications/stewardship calendar for the department, helping to identify and implement unique engagement and communications efforts to enhance relationship building with donors and potential donors.
- Develops, implements and manages volunteer and other special projects in collaboration with our programs department related to or fostering donor relations.
- Directly responsible for donor data base management including but not limited to: data entry, record keeping, reports, donor acknowledgments, and monthly donation reconciliations with the finance department.
- Researches and initiates writing of small grants in support of engagement and fundraising activities, and maintains the yearly grant calendar of all funding sources
- Assists with event management and record keeping including: the annual One Childhood One Chance Luncheons in both Dallas and Ft. Worth, corporate volunteer days, lunch and learns, center tours and others as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university, and 2 years of experience in fundraising/donor relations
- Experience using and maintaining CRM donor management software
- Superior written and verbal communications skills with proven writing and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, balance and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, familiarity with budgets, and ability to maintain accurate records
- Computer literacy including competency with Microsoft Office, Excel, InDesign, Publisher, and Constant Contact
No calls please
Email resume and Cover letter to: email@example.com